Thanks to the generous efforts of Jason and Ross, the videos from this year’s WordCamp are already starting to appear on WordPress.tv. We will continue to add links to the Slides and Videos page as they come in. If you don’t see the video you are looking for yet, keep checking back. You can also see all videos available from our event on the WordCamp Orange County 2013 WordPress.tv page.
To all who participated in this year’s WordCamp, thank you. All the speakers, sponsors, volunteers, and attendees, we appreciate all your knowledge, your generosity, your time, your energy, and everything else you put in to make this WordPress Community so great. We hope you enjoyed yourself, learned new things, made new friends, and were inspired to go forth and create!
We are consolidating all of the speakers’ slide here. We will add in the few missing links as they come in so keep checking back if you don’t see the one you are looking for.
If you missed any sessions, the videos will be up soon (thanks to our crack team of video volunteers). We’ll post links for those are they start to roll out.
Finally, if you aren’t already joining our WordPress meetup on a regular basis, we invite you to come. It’s like a mini-WordCamp every month! Our local meetup is the Orange County meetup. But we know many of you commuted a bit, so depending on your location, there are lot of other great meetups to join in the surrounding area – Pasadena, North San Diego County, Topanga, Inland Empire… search on meetup.com for more.
See you next year.
Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! For those of you who are new to the Vanguard University location:
Thanks to John, Amy, and the whole crew over at Sticker Giant. This year’s stickers came out awesome.
We do need some stinking badges! These came a little later than usual, but we were busy getting some of the other stuff for WordCamp together. Hopefully the event will make up the late badges. So, get your badges here!
Hey campers! We are just about two weeks out so we wanted to keep you all aware as to how our WordCamp weekend is going to go down. Again we are doing a two day event similar to last year with an expanded Sunday. The days events break down like this:
- Registration 8am-9am
- Breakfast breads and coffee will be available at registration, coffee will continue to be refreshed throughout the day
- Opening remarks @ 8:45am
- 15 Standard WordCamp session in two auditoriums from 9am-5:10pm
- A Wellness Booth from Southland Physical Therapy providing consultations for RSI, posture, walking gate and all the other things we programmers ignore
- Hosted lunch from 12:20pm-2pm.
- 200 servings of Moustache Mike’s Italian Ice for afternoon snack time available from 2:30pm to 4:30pm
- LIVE DradCast postcast @ 2:50pm.
- Closing remarks with some small giveaways after the last session
- After party at Durty Nelly’s starting at 7pm, karaoke starts at 9pm, first round of drinks are on us
- Unconference Room from 10am-3pm to collaborate, ask questions, get advice and mingle with fellow attendees, speakers, and sponsors
- 1 Intro to Command Line WorkShop
- 4 Plugin Workshops to walk through configuration and use of our most common plugins
- 1 Business Panel from 10am-1pm
- Coffee service throughout the day
- Sidecar Donut Truck visits from 10am-12pm to fuel up for Sunday’s events with a bevy of seasonal treats
Our speakers and sessions are now available for viewing. We are still working on the schedule for the sessions, so you won’t be able to plan your weekend just yet, but stay tuned. We’ll have more info on the schedule and more specifics for our Sunday activities (such as the business panel and plugin workshops).
We are stunned and humbled by how quickly the tickets sold out for this year’s WordCamp. If you were not able to obtain tickets, we are sorry we will miss you at the event. There is a slight possibility that a few tickets may open up as we get closer to the event date, but we can’t guarantee this will be the case. If more tickets do become available we will notify everyone via the usual channels – website, twitter, facebook, newsletter.
For those of you who did buy tickets, thank you so much. We will work as hard as we can to put on a good event for you this year. See you all in one month.